[Rev. 11/21/2013 10:55:36 AM--2013]
TITLE 29 - STATE PRINTING AND PUBLICATIONS
NRS 344.013 Definitions.
NRS 344.015 “Director” defined.
NRS 344.017 “Multiple duplication equipment” defined.
NRS 344.021 State Printing Office: Creation; composition.
NRS 344.040 General duties of State Printer.
NRS 344.045 Interest in certain contracts prohibited.
NRS 344.047 Governmental entity not required to use services of State Printing Office; State Printing Office not required to provide work for governmental entities; exception.
NRS 344.050 Acceptance of governmental work by State Printer; solicitation of bids.
NRS 344.060 Union label to be affixed to certain public printing.
NRS 344.070 Copyrights of state publications.
NRS 344.080 Duty of State Printer to hire employees for State Printing Office; discharge of employees.
NRS 344.090 State Printing Fund: Creation.
NRS 344.110 Determination of charge for printing, reproduction and binding; bills.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1512; A 2005, 1088)
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1512)
1. The State Printing Office is hereby created within the Legislative Counsel Bureau.
2. The State Printing Office consists of the State Printer, who is the head of the Office, and the:
(a) Printing Section; and
(b) Reproduction Section.
1. Supervise the operations of the State Printing Office.
2. Take charge of and be responsible for all manuscripts or other matter which may be delivered to the State Printer for printing or reproduction.
3. Receive and promptly execute all orders for printing or reproduction required by the Legislative Counsel Bureau, the Nevada Legislature or the Supreme Court of Nevada.
4. Maintain perpetual inventory records of equipment in the State Printing Office.
NRS 344.045 Interest in certain contracts prohibited. The State Printer shall not have any interest, direct or indirect, in any contract for furnishing paper, other printing stock or material connected with the State Printing Office.
(Added to NRS by 1977, 1113; A 2005, 1089)
NRS 344.047 Governmental entity not required to use services of State Printing Office; State Printing Office not required to provide work for governmental entities; exception. No governmental entity is required to use the services of the State Printing Office, and the State Printing Office is not required to produce any work for a governmental entity, except with respect to work required by statute to be produced for:
1. The Legislative Counsel Bureau or the Nevada Legislature; and
2. The Supreme Court of Nevada.
(Added to NRS by 2005, 1088)
1. The State Printer may accept all governmental work and shall not permit any other than governmental work to be done in the State Printing Office.
2. All officers, boards, commissions, trustees, regents and directors of the Executive Department of the State Government that require the publication, printing, reproduction or binding of reports, circulars, bulletins, printed books, stationery or printed matter of any kind:
(a) If otherwise required to solicit bids for the work, shall solicit a bid from the State Printing Office; or
(b) If not otherwise required to solicit bids for the work, may use the services of the State Printing Office without soliciting bids.
3. The State Printing Office shall print official stationery, cards and other material appropriate to the official duties of members of the Legislature at the expense of the Legislative Fund.
4. The provisions of this chapter do not require the State Printer to perform any work other than that which the type, machinery and other printing, reproduction and binding appliances and available technology in the State Printing Office permit.
5. As used in this section, “governmental work” means work for any state, local or federal governmental entity in the United States, including, without limitation, the typesetting, printing, reproducing and binding of reports, brochures, booklets, forms, blanks, envelopes, letterhead and other matter and material.
[Part 5:129:1879; A 1917, 196; 1919 RL § 4330; NCL § 7474] + [12:204:1923; A 1951, 201] + [10:204:1923; NCL § 7501] + [8:204:1923; NCL § 7499] + [Part 2:204:1923; NCL § 7493] + [3:42:1925; NCL § 7511]—(NRS A 1965, 681; 1967, 942; 1969, 1431, 1513; 1973, 1086, 1468; 2005, 1089)
NRS 344.060 Union label to be affixed to certain public printing. The State Printer shall cause to be affixed to all public printing, except work produced in the Reproduction Section, the union label recognized by the International Typographical Union. The State Printer is authorized to purchase such cuts for that purpose as in his or her discretion are necessary.
[1:63:1895; C § 1515; RL § 4309; NCL § 7488] + [2:63:1895; C § 1516; RL § 4310; NCL § 7489]—(NRS A 1969, 1514; 2005, 1090)
1. The State Printer may secure copyright under the laws of the United States in all publications issued by the State of Nevada, the copyright to be secured in the name of the State of Nevada.
2. All costs and charges incurred in copyrighting such publications must be charged against the State Printing Fund, and must be paid in the same way as other charges are paid by the State.
NRS 344.080 Duty of State Printer to hire employees for State Printing Office; discharge of employees. The State Printer shall employ such compositors, assistant compositors, bindery operators, assistant bindery operators, pressmen, assistant pressmen and other employees as the exigency of the work from time to time requires, and may at any time discharge those employees. The State Printer shall not, at any time, employ more compositors, assistant compositors, bindery operators, assistant bindery operators, pressmen, assistant pressmen and other employees than the necessities of the State Printing Office require.
1. The State Printing Fund is created as an internal service fund.
2. The State Printing Fund consists of the money appropriated to carry out the provisions of this chapter and all money received in the State Printing Fund from any source in payment of all printing, reproduction and binding done in the State Printing Office.
1. The State Printer shall determine the charge to be made for all printing, reproduction and binding, and shall fix a price from time to time that will cover all costs of material and doing the work. For this purpose, the State Printer shall establish and maintain a double-entry cost system, showing at least:
(a) Direct labor costs;
(b) Direct material costs; and
2. The State Printer shall render bills for each item of printing, reproduction and binding or other charge against the officer, department, board, commission, agency or institution ordering the same.
[4:42:1925; NCL § 7512]—(NRS A 1967, 163; 1969, 1516; 1985, 28)