[Rev. 11/21/2013 9:17:19 AM--2013]
NRS 70.010 Execution may issue at any time within 6 years; stay of execution of judgment.
NRS 70.020 Contents.
NRS 70.030 Renewal.
NRS 70.040 Duties of officer receiving executions; sales of real property.
1. Execution for the enforcement of a judgment of a justice court may be issued by a justice or the clerk of the court, under the direction and supervision of a justice, on the application of the party entitled thereto, at any time within 6 years from the entry of judgment.
2. The court, or any justice thereof, may stay the execution of any judgment, including any judgment in a case of forcible or unlawful detainer, for a period not exceeding 10 days.
[1911 CPA § 841; RL § 5783; NCL § 9330]—(NRS A 1961, 193; 2011, 3259)
1. Be directed to a sheriff of any county in the State or to a constable of the county in which the justice court is located.
2. Be issued in the name of the State of Nevada, sealed with the seal of the court and subscribed by a justice or the clerk of the justice court, under the direction and supervision of a justice.
3. Intelligibly refer to the judgment, by stating the:
(a) Justice court in which the judgment was entered;
(b) Date when the judgment was entered;
(c) Names of the parties;
(d) Name of the justice who entered the judgment; and
(e) County and the township or city where the judgment was entered.
4. State the judgment, and if it is for money, the amount thereof, and the amount actually due thereon.
5. Contain, in like cases, similar directions to the sheriff or constable, as are required by the provisions of chapter 21 of NRS, in an execution to the sheriff.
[1911 CPA § 842; RL § 5784; NCL § 9331]—(NRS A 1969, 184; 2011, 3259)
NRS 70.030 Renewal. An execution may, at the request of the judgment creditor, be renewed before the expiration of the time fixed for its return, by the word “renewed” written thereon, with the date thereof, and subscribed by a justice or the clerk of the justice court, under the direction and supervision of a justice. Such renewal has the effect of an original issue and may be repeated as often as necessary. If an execution is returned unsatisfied, another may be afterwards issued.
[1911 CPA § 843; RL § 5785; NCL § 9332]—(NRS A 2011, 3260)
1. The sheriff or constable to whom the execution is directed must execute the same in the same manner as the sheriff is required by the provisions of chapter 21 of NRS to proceed upon executions directed to him or her, and the constable to whom the writ is given, and any successor in office, shall have all the powers and be subject to all the duties and liabilities therein given and imposed upon the sheriff.
2. Sales of real property shall be made at the front door of the office of the justice of the peace. If the sale be of real property in a county other than the one in which the judgment was rendered, the sale shall be at the front door of the office of the justice of the peace of the county in which the property is situated, nearest the property.
[1911 CPA § 844; A 1913, 364; NCL § 9333]
NRS 70.050 Applicability of chapter 21 of NRS to justice courts. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the provisions of chapter 21 of NRS are applicable to justice courts, the word “justice” being inserted in lieu of the word “judge” wherever the word appears and the word “constable” being inserted in lieu of the word “sheriff” wherever the word appears.
[1911 CPA § 845; A 1913, 364; NCL § 9334]—(NRS A 2011, 3260)