[Rev. 5/24/2016 3:07:15 PM--2015]
NRS 270A.010 Power of cities and towns to join organization.
NRS 270A.020 Powers of organization.
NRS 270A.030 Appropriation of money authorized; expenses of delegates.
NRS 270A.040 Tax exempt status of organization.
NRS 270A.010 Power of cities and towns to join organization. It shall be lawful for the governing body of any city or town in this state, whether organized under the general laws or a special or home rule charter, to join with the governing body of any other city or town, or cities or towns, in the formation of an organization of municipalities for the purpose of securing concerted action among such municipalities in behalf of such measures as the organization shall determine to be in the common interest of the municipalities.
[1:18:1951] — (Substituted in revision for NRS 272.010)
1. To meet at such times and places as it may determine for discussion of such measures as affect the welfare of the municipal members of the organization.
2. To maintain an office, and to put in charge thereof a secretary or other officer or agents as the organization may deem to be necessary.
3. To circulate any literature or information among the municipal officers of this state as it may from time to time determine to be wise.
4. Generally to take such action as it may deem wise in support of such measures as it may deem to be in the interest of the member municipalities of the organization.
[2:18:1951] — (Substituted in revision for NRS 272.020)
1. Any city or town which shall join or which shall help form such an organization, as is authorized by NRS 270A.010, may appropriate through its governing body out of its general fund money to pay the annual dues in the joint municipal organization and the expenses of such delegates as the governing body may designate to attend meetings of any such organization.
2. If the governing body of the particular city or town has so appropriated money as hereinabove provided for, then delegates shall receive the per diem allowance and travel expenses provided for state officers and employees generally.
[3:18:1951] — (NRS A 2007, 602) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 272.030)
(Added to NRS by 1973, 622) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 272.040)