[Rev. 11/22/2013 9:17:10 AM--2013]
[NAC-472 Revised Date: 7-87]
472.020 Fire retardant roofing materials: Areas in which required.
472.030 Fire retardant roofing materials: Minimum standards; wooden shakes or shingles not approved.
1. The areas within Nevada where fire retardant roofing materials must be used are those areas marked on the master map on file with the state forester firewarden.
2. The areas designated principally lie within the following counties:
(a) Carson City.
(b) Washoe County.
(c) Douglas County.
(d) Clark County.
(e) Storey County.
3. A copy of the map may be obtained by contacting the division of forestry of the state department of conservation and natural resources.
[Div. of Forestry, § 105, eff. 7-28-74]—(NAC A by St. Forester Firewarden, 2-19-87)
1. Except at otherwise provided in subsection 2, those fire retardant roof coverings which are delineated in paragraphs 1 to 10, inclusive, of subsection (e) of section 3203 of chapter 32 of the Uniform Building Code, 1985 edition, and the standards by which these are measured, being Standard No. 32-7 of the Uniform Building Code Standards, 1985 edition, are hereby adopted by the state forester firewarden as minimum standards for fire retardant roofing materials.
2. Roof coverings consisting of shakes or shingles made of wood are not approved as fire retardant roofing materials.
3. A copy of these standards may be obtained from the division of forestry of the state department of conservation and natural resources at 201 South Fall Street, Carson City, Nevada 89710, for a cost of $2.
[Div. of Forestry, § 110, eff. 7-28-74]—(NAC A by St. Forester Firewarden, 2-19-87)