[Rev. 5/20/2016 3:31:51 PM--2015]
NRS 233I.010 “Commission” defined.
NRS 233I.020 Creation; membership; designation of Chair and Vice Chair; terms of officers.
NRS 233I.030 Members: Terms of office; reappointment; vacancies.
NRS 233I.040 Members: Reimbursement for certain expenses.
NRS 233I.050 Meetings; quorum.
NRS 233I.060 Powers and duties.
NRS 233I.070 Appointment of committees.
NRS 233I.080 Department of Administration to provide staff assistance; volunteer workers and consultants.
NRS 233I.090 Gifts, grants and contributions.
1. The Nevada Commission for Women, consisting of 10 members appointed by the Governor, is hereby created.
2. The members appointed to the Commission must reflect varied political philosophies regarding issues of concern to women.
3. The Governor shall designate one member of the Commission to serve as Chair and one member of the Commission to serve as Vice Chair.
4. Each Chair, Vice Chair and other officer of the Commission shall serve for a term of 1 year.
5. No more than five members of the Commission may be from the same political party.
NRS 233I.030 Members: Terms of office; reappointment; vacancies. Except for the initial members, the term of office of each member of the Commission is 3 years and commences on July 1 of the year of appointment. The members shall continue in office until their successors are appointed. Members are eligible for reappointment, except that no member may serve for any part of more than two consecutive terms. Vacancies must be filled by appointment for the unexpired terms by the Governor.
NRS 233I.040 Members: Reimbursement for certain expenses. Members of the Commission receive no compensation for their services, but are entitled to be reimbursed for all travel and other expenses actually and necessarily incurred by them in the performance of their duties, within the limits of money available from gifts, grants, contributions and other money received pursuant to NRS 233I.090.
NRS 233I.050 Meetings; quorum. The Commission shall meet at the call of the Chair as frequently as required to perform its duties, but no less than quarterly. A majority of the members of the Commission constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business, and a majority of those present at any meeting is sufficient for any official action taken by the Commission.
1. The Commission shall study the changing and developing roles of women in society, including the recognition of socioeconomic factors that influence the status of women, and recommend proposed legislation.
2. The Commission may collect and disseminate information on activities, programs and essential services available to women in Nevada.
NRS 233I.070 Appointment of committees. The Chair of the Commission may, with the approval of the Commission, appoint committees from its members to assist in carrying out any of the functions or duties of the Commission.
1. The Director of the Department of Administration shall provide staff assistance to the Commission as the Governor deems appropriate.
2. The Commission may engage the services of volunteer workers and consultants without salary as is necessary from time to time.
NRS 233I.090 Gifts, grants and contributions. The Commission may apply for and receive gifts, grants, contributions or other money from the Federal Government, private agencies, affiliated associations and other persons for the purposes of carrying out the provisions of this chapter and for defraying expenses incurred by the Commission in the discharge of its duties.