[Rev. 6/2/2018 4:16:06 PM--2017]
NRS 336.010 Definitions.
NRS 336.013 “Executive Officer” defined.
NRS 336.016 “Fleet Services Division” defined.
NRS 336.030 Purposes.
NRS 336.050 Employees and facilities.
NRS 336.060 Assignment of state-owned vehicles to Fleet Services Division.
NRS 336.080 Duties of Executive Officer.
NRS 336.090 Department of Transportation may provide gasoline, service or repairs to vehicles assigned to Fleet Services Division or other state agencies.
NRS 336.100 Regulations; approval by Governor.
NRS 336.110 Fleet Services Fund: Creation; uses; receipts.
(Added to NRS by 2013, 205)
(Added to NRS by 2013, 205)
1. To ensure economical utilization of state-owned vehicles.
2. To eliminate the unauthorized use of state-owned vehicles.
3. To provide a ready means of transportation for state employees and officers on state business.
4. To reduce the need for state employees to use private cars on official state business.
5. To provide a central administrative facility for the maintenance, care and operation of selected state-owned vehicles.
NRS 336.060 Assignment of state-owned vehicles to Fleet Services Division. The Governor may assign any state-owned vehicle to the Fleet Services Division and may withdraw any vehicle from any state agency and reassign such vehicle to the Fleet Services Division.
1. Be responsible for proper maintenance and storage of all vehicles assigned to the Fleet Services Division.
2. Maintain records to show the location and operating and maintenance costs of vehicles assigned to the Fleet Services Division.
NRS 336.090 Department of Transportation may provide gasoline, service or repairs to vehicles assigned to Fleet Services Division or other state agencies. To facilitate the economical operation of state-owned vehicles, the Department of Transportation may provide to the Fleet Services Division, or to any other state agency to which a state-owned vehicle is assigned, gasoline, service or minor repairs on a direct cost-plus-service-charge basis.
NRS 336.100 Regulations; approval by Governor. The Executive Officer shall adopt regulations necessary for the administration of this chapter. Such regulations shall be subject to the approval of the Governor.
(Added to NRS by 1961, 345)
1. The Fleet Services Fund is hereby created as an internal service fund. No money in the Fund may revert to the State General Fund at any time. Money from the Fleet Services Fund must be paid out on claims as other claims against the State are paid. The claims must be made in accordance with budget and quarterly work allotments and are subject to postaudit examination and approval.
2. All operating, maintenance and repair costs for vehicles assigned to the Fleet Services Division must be paid from the Fleet Services Fund and the accounting for depreciation must be accomplished in that Fund.
3. All agencies using vehicles of the Fleet Services Division shall pay a fee for the use and a proportionate share of operational costs in an amount determined by the Executive Officer. The formula for spreading costs of operation may be adjusted from time to time as may be necessary to replace worn vehicles, pay vehicle costs and defray the costs of the operation of the Fleet Services Division.
4. All fees, including amounts on account of depreciation accrued, costs and other money received by the Fleet Services Division, including all proceeds from the sale of vehicles, must be deposited with the State Treasurer for credit to the Fleet Services Fund.