[Rev. 12/21/2019 12:19:08 PM--2019]
NRS 374A.010 Imposition of tax in certain counties; rate of tax.
NRS 374A.020 Collection and administration of tax; distribution and use of proceeds.
NRS 374A.030 Sales and Use Tax Account: Remittances; deposits; transfers.
1. A tax is hereby imposed on all retailers within a county in which:
(a) The board of county commissioners of the county has not imposed the maximum rate of tax that it is authorized to impose pursuant to NRS 377B.100;
(b) The board of trustees of a county school district has applied for a grant from the Fund to Assist School Districts in Financing Capital Improvements pursuant to NRS 387.3335; and
(c) The State Board of Examiners has approved the application by the board of trustees.
2. The rate of the tax imposed by subsection 1 is the difference between:
(a) The rate of tax that the board of county commissioners of the county has imposed pursuant to NRS 377B.100; and
(b) The maximum rate of tax that the board of county commissioners of the county is authorized to impose pursuant to NRS 377B.100,
Ê but in no event may the rate imposed by subsection 1 exceed one-eighth of 1 percent of the gross receipts of any retailer from the sale of all tangible personal property sold at retail, or stored, used or otherwise consumed, in the county.
(Added to NRS by 1999, 3221)
1. The collection of the tax imposed by NRS 374A.010 must be commenced on the first day of the first calendar quarter that begins at least 120 days after the last condition in subsection 1 of NRS 374A.010 is met.
3. The board of trustees of the school district shall transfer the proceeds of the tax imposed by NRS 374A.010 from the county school district fund to the fund described in NRS 354.6105 which must be established by the board of trustees. The money deposited in the fund described in NRS 354.6105 pursuant to this subsection must be accounted for separately in that fund and must only be expended by the board of trustees for the cost of the extraordinary maintenance, extraordinary repair and extraordinary improvement of school facilities within the county.
1. All fees, taxes, interest and penalties imposed and all amounts of tax required to be paid pursuant to this chapter must be paid to the Department in the form of remittances payable to the Department.
2. The Department shall deposit the payments with the State Treasurer for credit to the Sales and Use Tax Account in the State General Fund.
3. The State Controller, acting upon the collection data furnished by the Department, shall monthly:
(a) Transfer from the Sales and Use Tax Account 1.75 percent of all fees, taxes, interest and penalties collected pursuant to this chapter during the preceding month to the appropriate account in the State General Fund as compensation to the State for the cost of collecting the tax.
(b) Determine for each county an amount of money equal to any fees, taxes, interest and penalties collected in or for that county pursuant to this chapter during the preceding month, less the amount transferred to the State General Fund pursuant to paragraph (a).
(c) Transfer the amount determined for each county to the Intergovernmental Fund and remit the money to the county school district fund.
(Added to NRS by 2009, 2086)