uLegislate Bills & Resolutions
- Senate Joint Resolution 5 - Proposes to amend the Nevada Constitution to revise provisions relating to the State Legislature.
- Senate Joint Resolution 8 - Proposes to amend the Nevada Constitution to guarantee equal rights.
- Assembly Joint Resolution 1 - Expresses objection to the transfer of radioactive plutonium to this State.
- Assembly Joint Resolution 10 - Proposes to amend the Nevada Constitution to prospectively increase the required minimum wage paid to employees.
- Senate Bill 80 - Revises provisions relating to providing a safe and respectful learning environment.
- Senate Bill 143 - Repeals, revises and reenacts provisions relating to background checks for certain sales or transfers of firearms.
- Senate Bill 157 - Requires contractors and subcontractors on a public work to use E-Verify to verify eligibility for employment for workers on the public work.
- Senate Bill 159 - Requires each public school and private school to adopt a policy concerning safe exposure to the sun.
- Senate Bill 165 - Makes various changes to provisions governing prescribing, dispensing and administering controlled substances designed to end the life of a patient.
- Senate Bill 185 - Revises provisions relating to background checks required to become a volunteer at a school.
- Senate Bill 246 - Eliminates the possibility of the imposition of a sentence of death on persons convicted of first degree murder.
- Senate Bill 263 - Revises provisions relating to the regulation and taxation of certain vapor products, alternative nicotine products and tobacco products.
- Senate Bill 312 - Requires an employer in private employment to provide paid leave to employees under certain circumstances.
- Assembly Bill 182 - Designates neon as the official state element of the State of Nevada.
- Assembly Bill 186 - Makes various changes related to elections.
- Assembly Bill 456 - Increases the minimum wage required to be paid to employees in private employment in this State.
Engage in the Legislative Process
1Identify Your Role:
Take on the role of a Senator, the Lieutenant Governor/President of the Senate, Secretary of the Senate, or Invocation/ Prayer Leader and learn how they work together to ensure a well-run Senate Floor Session.
Should the Nevada Senate amend the Nevada Constitution to guarantee equal rights? Should the State of Nevada increase the minimum wage required to be paid to employees in private industry? Should neon be designated as the official State element? Should every school adopt a policy concerning safe exposure to the sun? These relevant topics form the backdrop for your legislative experience.
3Vote for Legislation:
When debate on each bill concludes, it is time to vote. When YOU push the very same vote buttons used by your Senators to cast their votes, your name appears on the voting screen in the Senate Chamber! Learn how many votes are needed to pass legislation, and experience the pressure of elective office.
How it Works / ScriptsuLegislate Brochure
You as the Legislator
Legislative RolesSenate Decorum
- Senate Joint Resolution 5
- Senate Joint Resolution 8
- Assembly Joint Resolution 1
- Assembly Joint Resolution 10
- Senate Bill 80
- Senate Bill 143
- Senate Bill 157
- Senate Bill 159
- Senate Bill 165
- Senate Bill 185
- Senate Bill 246
- Senate Bill 263
- Senate Bill 312
- Assembly Bill 182
- Assembly Bill 186
- Assembly Bill 456