uLegislate Bills & Resolutions
- Senate Joint Resolution 8 - Urge Congress not to repeal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Senate Bill 37 - 150th anniversary special license plate
- Senate Bill 117 - Election accessibility for elderly and disabled
- Senate Bill 176 - Body-worn police cameras
- Senate Bill 194 - Prohibits sales of products derived from endangered species
- Senate Bill 322 - Pass a civics test to graduate high school
- Senate Bill 409 - Saving animals in locked vehicles
- Senate Bill 413 - Public Lands Day, free state park admission
- Senate Bill 538 - Protecting internet privacy
Engage in the Legislative Process
1Identify Your Role:
Take on the role of a Senator, the Lieutenant Governor/President of the Senate, Secretary of the Senate, or Invocation/ Prayer Leader and learn how they work together to ensure a well-run Senate Floor Session.
Should the Nevada Senate urge Congress not to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or its most important provisions? Should the State of Nevada recognize the last Saturday in September of each year as “Public Lands Day”? Should students be required to pass an examination in civics as a condition of receiving credit for a course in American government? These relevant topics form the backdrop for your legislative experience.
3Vote for Legislation:
When debate on each bill concludes, it is time to vote. When YOU push the very same vote buttons used by your Senators to cast their votes, your name appears on the voting screen in the Senate Chamber! Learn how many votes are needed to pass legislation, and experience the pressure of elective office.
How it Works / ScriptsuLegislate Brochure
Legislative RolesSenate Decorum